Rainwater Harvesting Resources
Rainwater harvesting, also known as rainwater collection, rainwater catchment and rain capture, is an age-old method of collecting, storing and recycling natural rainwater to supplement water supply. Based on traditional practices such as collecting in rain barrels and rainwater cisterns, today’s rainwater harvesting systems range from simple rain chain and rain barrel collection to sophisticated networks.
Have a question?
Visit our FAQ page.
Sources for learning about rainwater harvesting
- FAQ About Rainwater Collection (PDF)
- Rainwater Harvesting 101. Definitions, water budgeting, resources. (PDF)
- Low-Water Landscape and Rainwater Collection Demo Project Diagram (PDF)
- Typical Rainwater Collection System (PDF)
- Rainwater Collection Diagram, Rain Harvesting (PDF)
- Catchment Water Budget Worksheet from Northwest Water Source (XLS)
- Harvesting Rainwater for Landscape Use A Guide to Rainwater Collection Published by the University of Arizona
See Who Else is Harvesting the Rain
Let's Work Together!
Get started with a rainwater harvesting consultation.